On December 8, 2020, the Government of Alberta added new mandatory provincewide measures in response to rising COVID-19 cases.
The Lacombe County Office continues to be open to the public, but we highly recommended that members of the public access our services remotely by contacting the County by phone during regular hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday) at (403)782-6601, by email , through the online service portal, or through our social media channels.
Effective immediately (December 8, 2020):
- No social gatherings - indoor or outdoor.
- Masks mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces (this includes all Lacombe County facilities).
- Close contacts are limited to household members only.
- Festivals, parades, events, concerts, exhibitions, competitions, sport and performance remain prohibited.
Effective Sunday, December 13, 2020:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes closed to in-person service.
- Retail services, including malls, must reduce customer capacity to 15%.
- Places of worship limited to 15% capacity for in-person attendance.
- Entertainment and indoor recreation facilities must close.
- Outdoor recreation is permitted, but indoor facilities except washrooms to close.
- Personal and wellness services, like hair and nail salons, must close.
- Health services, like physio and acupuncture, remain open by appointment only
- Hotels remain open but no spas, pools or in-person dining. Room services only.
- Working from home is mandatory unless a physical presence is required for operational effectiveness.
For the most up-to-date information about the current COVID-19 situation and restrictions please visit the Government of Alberta webpage.