The Government of Alberta recently announced additional public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the province.
As of November 26, Lacombe County has 31 cases of COVID-19 in the region – putting the County in an ‘Enhanced Watch’ status. This status, in addition to the additional measures announced yesterday, means the following restrictions are in place for Lacombe County:
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor gatherings have a maximum of 10 people
- Weddings and funerals services must be limited to 10 guests, and no wedding receptions are permitted
- No festivals or events are permitted
- Grades 7 to 12 students will be sent home for at-home learning from November 30 to January 11
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 students will be in school until their break (Starting December 18) and then have at-home learning until January 11
- Working from home should be implemented whenever possible
- Places of worship must limit their regular attendance to one-third capacity with mandatory masking
- There will be restricted access to some businesses starting November 27
A more detailed list of these measures can be found at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx. Residents who wish to report a violation of these measures can submit a complaint to AHS public health inspectors at 1-833-415-9179.