(Lacombe, Alberta, March 8, 2017) Lacombe County invites anyone interested in their health and farm safety to attend a “Spring Tune Up” event. With more than a dozen different health care and safety professionals, there is something for everyone at this free event.
“Our goal is to give back to the community, especially to our agricultural producers and rural business owners who work so hard for us,” explained Jalene Makus, Assistant Ag Fieldman and event organizer. “It’s our way of saying ‘thanks’.”
This free event will run from 10am to 3pm at the Lacombe Memorial Centre on March 29. It is open to anyone in and around Lacombe County to attend, and will have a variety of booths and services available.
“We have a number of amazing health care and safety professionals onsite for this event,” said Jalene. “We want people to come down to take advantage of some hands-on health and safety services, such as blood test screening for prostate cancer (via the Man Van), lung health exams, or farm safety planning tips for your farming business – just to name a few.”
Everyone who attends the event will have their name entered for door prizes.
Some of the organizations who will be on site include:
- Alberta Agriculture & Forestry (Farm Safety)
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Alberta Lung Association (Respirometer tests)
- Building Bridges to Health Naturally (Natural Health Remedies, Herbicide Residue checks)
- Farm Safety Planning Services
- Grey Wooded Forage Association
- Heart and Stoke Foundation
- Man Van (12pm-3pm - blood tests to detect prostate cancer)
- Mental Health (Fatigue and stress management)
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Passion for Health (Pre-screening, Immunizations, Diabetes control)
- PPE Supplier
- Primary Care Network (Foot specialist, Diet and Nutrition, Mental Health)
- Strategic Hearing Solutions
To learn more about the event, or for any questions, please call Jalene at 403-782-8959.
Assistant Agricultural Fieldman