Lacombe County is committed to strengthening the quality of life of its residents and fostering civic pride by providing financial support for
community programs, events and activities. With Canada’s 150th Anniversary approaching, Lacombe County has allotted $50,000 to help communities celebrate this occasion. Under the Canada 150 Anniversary Celebration Funding Policy, the following groups are eligible to apply for financial support:
- urban municipalities within the County;
- community organizations in the urban municipalities within the County; and
- community organizations in Lacombe County.
The County is providing this funding to help support groups planning activities for this momentous occasion. The requests must relate specifically to Canada Day celebrations, and in order to qualify, the requests must:
- demonstrate a need for financial support from the County,
- be held for the enjoyment and benefit of the general public,
- not charge an admission, entrance or registration fee for the program, event or activity,
- receive at-least an equivalent amount of funding from the urban municipality in which
the program, event or activity is being held as what is being requested from the County,
- receive at-least an equal amount of funding from the community organization if the program, event or activity is being held in the County; and,
- take place in the County, or in the urban municipalities within the County.
Those interested in this funding can locate the application on the Lacombe County Website (County Services > Forms & Applications > PDF Forms & Applications). The deadline to apply is March 17, 2017.
For more information, please visit www.lacombecounty.com, or contact Tim Timmons at 403-782-6601.