Lacombe County is seeking an experienced manager to join our senior management team as the Manager of Operations.
Reporting to the County Manager, this is an excellent career opportunity for a skilled and proven leader who will be responsible for effectively overseeing the diverse Operations department comprising of the County’s Road Maintenance, Construction and Shop Operations, Parks & Trails, and Engineering & Design program areas.
In addition, the Manager of Operations will:
- Lead and direct the strategic, general and financial management, and day-to-day administration of the Operations department;
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of all Operations planning documents, such as the Pavement Management Plan, Capital Equipment Purchasing Plan, Long Range Construction Schedule, and Long Range Bridge Program;
- Prepare reports and make presentations to Council on Operational related matters;
- Liaise with neighbouring municipalities, other levels of government, the private sector and the public concerning Operational related matters;
- Represent Lacombe County at meetings and sit on committees and boards as determined by the County Manager;
- Manage the Operations budget; maintain the operating and capital budgets throughout the year;
Ideal candidate attributes:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and a minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a municipal or private sector Operations senior management role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of the principals, methods and procedures related to the operations, mainte-nance and construction infrastructure and activities of an Operations department;
- Demonstrated experience in project management (planning, budgeting, cost estimating and scheduling);
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, as well make accurate notes and observation reports;
- Proven municipal fiscal management experience and expertise;
- Proven management and team leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and negotiation skills and a proven record of working effectively with council, staff, volunteers, boards and committees, and public participation processes;
What does Lacombe County have to offer?
Lacombe County is an employer of choice, where employees feel valued for their hard work and contributions are acknowledged. We offer an excellent compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, a health/wellness spending account, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by April 6, 2018 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.