Reporting to the Manager of CPO Services, the CPO performs day-to-day enforcement and administration of County bylaws and provincial statutes with a focus on safety, infrastructure protection and community education.
We’re seeking an individual who has the ability to put others at ease, is able to minimize conflict, and makes sound decisions based on facts, logic and probable outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct highly visible mobile patrols of the municipality for the purpose of preventing and detecting statute infractions and violations;
- Conduct commercial vehicle inspections (monitor weights and dimensions through the issuance of permits and use of weigh scales);
- Perform investigations and follow-up on complaints and incidents;
- Issue violation tickets and lay charges in accordance with authorized statutes;
- Liaise with and assist other departments, community groups and associations in areas pertaining to enforcement;
Provide friendly and informative education to the public relating to municipal bylaws and bylaw services
Please forward your resume, cover letter & salary expectations by 4:30PM on Dec. 1, 2021 to:
E-mail: | Fax: 403.782.3820 | www.lacombecounty.com