Lacombe County has a great summer job opportunity for an individual to gain first-hand, real-life, practical experience and training in municipal government.
Over the summer, you will gain valuable experience in a professional municipal office setting. You will develop your customer service skills, enhance your Microsoft Office proficiency, become familiar with Lacombe County programs and services, provide assistance to the Finance team, learn new software systems and develop your ability to work in a team environment.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: pdf Office Summer Student 2020 (153 KB)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the general public with inquiries in a professional and timely manner (directly in person and over the phone);
- Provide various administrative services to all departments as required (filing of documents, laminating, maintaining the office supplies, etc.);
- Provide a high level of customer service while operating the telephone switchboard;
- Process payments (including taxes and utilities) received by mail, over the counter and on-line;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Perform data entry of the weekly timesheets;
- Complete a variety of special projects for the organization.
Please forward your application to: E-mail: | Fax: 403.782.3820 | www.lacombecounty.com
Preference will be given to applications received prior to February 29, 2020; however, this competition will remain open until the position has been filled.