Lacombe County invites tenders for the following properties located in Lacombe County and Ponoka County. The successful lessee will be required to enter into a five-year lease agreement with Lacombe County which will include, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions.
- The lease term for all properties commences April 1, 2018 and expires December 31, 2022.
- Lacombe County may require a portion of the land for gravel mining operations during the term of the agreement and reserves the right to reduce the farmable acres in the agreement.
- The lessee is responsible for payment of property taxes.
- The 2018 lease payment must be made on or before April 1, 2018 with subsequent annual payments due on or before January 1st.
- The lessee agrees to submit a cropping rotation plan to the Agricultural Fieldman by May 1st of each year that complies with generally accepted agricultural practices. Canola may only be planted one of every four years. The County reserves the right to reject any cropping plan that may not be beneficial to the long term viability of the land. This will be determined by the Agricultural Fieldman and his decision will be final. Failure to comply with the approved cropping rotation plan will result in termination of the lease.
- The lessee agrees to provide the County with a summary of all pesticides applied on the land each year. This plan must be submitted to the Agricultural Fieldman by November 1st of each year.
- In the event the lessee fails to make property tax and/or lease payments as required, the lease may be terminated.
Lacombe County reserves the right to reject any or all tenders or to accept any tender which may be considered to be in the best interests of the County. Tenders will be received at Lacombe County Administration Office until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2018.
For more information please contact:
Donna Mae Grant
Approximately 120 acres in total for lease with 35 acres of improved pasture and 82 acres of native pasture (mixture of open area and treed pasture) average 32 a/h carrying capacity.
2017 property taxes - $97.84
Approximately 15 acres in total for lease with 12 acres of improved pasture and 2.84 acres of native pasture (treed pasture) average 50 a/h carrying capacity.
2017 property taxes - $24.07
Approximately 7 acres of improved pasture – average 16 a/h.
2017 property taxes – $4.21
Approximately 89 acres in total for lease with 58 acres of cultivation (66% to 70% assessment rating) and 19 acres of cultivation (66% to 80% assessment rating) and 12 acres of native pasture 32 a/h. Lacombe County may require a portion of this site for gravel mining operations during the term and reserves the right to reduce the farmable acres in the agreement.
2017 property taxes - $155.97
This property is located in Ponoka County with approximately 144 acres in total for lease with 108 acres of improved pasture (average 16 a/h) and 36 acres of native pasture (average 36 a/h).
2017 property taxes – $136.53
Approximately 147.25 acres in total for lease with 67.25 acres in cultivation (assessment ratings of 61% to 64%) and 37 acres improved pasture and 43 acres native pasture (mixture of slough area and treed pasture average 40 a/h. Power on site.
2017 property taxes - $187.40
Approximately 7 acres of pasture seeded to Timothy, Brome and Crested Wheat Grass with carrying capacity of 16 ac/hd. The site is not fenced and is an abandoned landfill site.
2017 property taxes - $10.61
Approximately 18 acres in total for lease with 18 acres of cultivation (74% assessment rating).
2017 property taxes – $122.12