Welcome to Lacombe County’s website – a hub for information designed to provide residents and visitors with an insight into what we do at work and at play in Lacombe County.
Like many of our staff, I am a long-time resident of Lacombe County, which gives me a close connection to our community. This also allows me to see first-hand how the County’s operations, projects, service levels, and initiatives impact our ratepayers. Before taking on the role of County Manager, I also had the privilege of working as Manager of Corporate Services, which gives me the insight needed to ensure the financial future of Lacombe County is bright.
Working closely with the Reeve, County Council and Senior Management Team, my goal is to ensure we are constantly looking for ways to make sure the goals and objectives outlined in our Strategic Plan are achieved. This is realized by managing the daily operations of service delivery and leading ongoing improvements with a goal of greater efficiency, as well as the development, recommendation, and implementation of corporate policy.
Thank you for your interest in Lacombe County!
Roles & Responsibilities
The County Manager plays an important role, acting as a bridge between administration and Council. He provides County Council with the information it needs to make sound policy decisions and ensures the municipality's work is carried out according to approved policy.
Reporting to Council, the County Manager provides leadership to support Council's vision for Lacombe County, and advises Council, by making recommendations on a broad range of policy, fiscal, organizational, service and administrative issues.
The County Manager is also responsible for ensuring administrative policies are followed and oversees the municipal budgeting process. He attends all Council meetings and is responsible for the execution of its decisions, the decisions of Council-appointed boards and committees, and oversees the management of all departments. The County Manager:
- Is the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the County
- Ensures that the policies and programs of the County are implemented
- Advises and informs Council on the operation and affairs of the County
- Oversees the Executive Assistant, Human Resources Coordinator, and Communications Coordinator, as well as the Senior Management Team
- Performs the duties and functions and exercises the powers assigned to a Chief Administrative Officer by the Municipal Government Act and other enactments, or assigned by Council through the CAO Bylaw.
~ Tim Timmons, County Manager