Effective Date: September 9, 2021
Where: Aspen Beach Provincial Park
Why: Aspen Beach Provincial Park is currently undergoing Park Modernization. This is a multi-year project to upgrade and modernize existing campground facilities, day use area and infrastructure. Work to be completed during this closure includes:
- Refurbishment of all Brewers campground loops (The exact nature of the work will vary from site to site, but the full scope of the work may include tree removal, enlarging campsite footprint, leveling existing sites, adding 30amp power and adding gravel to all sites, roads and trails.)
- New Overflow Parking lot at Ebeling Day Use Area. It will be located adjacent to the existing Overflow Parking lot.
- Dredging and Replacement of Boat Launches at Brewer’s and Lakeview campground
- Construction of new Dump Station at Brewer’s Campground
- Refurbishment of Boardwalk between Lakeview and Brewers campground
- Re-roofing of Washroom buildings at Ebeling Day Use area
Construction is slated to begin in September 2021 after the seasonal closure of the campground. Visitors are asked to stay out of closed areas for their own safety. Visitors should expect the presence of heavy equipment, construction vehicles, and increased noise levels during the construction period. Brewers Campground and Ebeling Day Use area are anticipated to be fully open for the start of the 2022 camping season and construction will resume in Fall 2022.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Grant D. Santo
Parks Division | Central Region – David Thompson Management Area
Alberta Environment and Parks