We welcome you to post comments on our wall, however, we expect everyone who participates in online commentary with us to follow one simple rule: Keep your comments clean and respectful.
The County reserves the right to remove any posts or content for the following reasons:
• Provides the personal information of other individuals.
• Promotes, perpetuates or fosters discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, nationality, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
• Is a personal attack on an individual or specific group.
• Is profane or abusive.
• Is sexually explicit or linked to content that is sexually explicit.
• Conducts or encourages illegal activity.
• Is commercial in nature and is attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business
• Is for the purposes of promoting a candidate for municipal, provincial or federal election.
• May tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
• Violates a legal ownership interest of another party.
• Does not comply with municipal, provincial or federal legislation.
• Promotes an individual religion or religious service.
Notwithstanding the criteria listed above, the County reserves the right to post, refuse to post, or remove any event from its Facebook page at any time, without notice. These rules might sound strict and contain a bit of legal-sounding jargon, but please keep in mind, the overall goal is simple: to ensure that we can all participate online in a respectful, relevant way.
The County is not responsible for comments made by subscribers or members related to its social media applications and reserves the right to remove any content that is inappropriate for any reason and at any time. Third-party social media sites are private businesses with their own terms of service and privacy policies. The County does not accept any responsibility for the operation of third-party social media sites and is unable to guarantee the privacy of individuals who access content provided to such sites by the County.